Deviled Egg Potato Salad Walmart
If you’re in the mood for a delicious and unique twist on classic potato salad, look no further than Walmart’s deviled egg potato salad. This mouthwatering dish combines the creamy goodness of traditional deviled eggs with the satisfying heartiness of potato salad. It’s a match made in culinary heaven!
Walmart’s deviled egg potato salad is packed with flavor and texture. The creamy potatoes are perfectly cooked and mixed with tangy mayonnaise, zesty mustard, and a hint of smoky paprika. But what sets this dish apart is the addition of chopped hard-boiled eggs, giving it that unmistakable deviled egg taste.
What exactly is Deviled Egg Potato Salad?
Well, let me break it down for you. Deviled Egg Potato Salad is a delightful and mouth-watering dish that combines the creamy goodness of classic potato salad with the zesty flavors of deviled eggs. It’s like a match made in culinary heaven!
At its core, this savory delight consists of boiled potatoes that are diced or cubed and mixed with a scrumptious blend of mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and various seasonings. The result is a creamy and tangy base that forms the backbone of this delectable creation.
But what sets Deviled Egg Potato Salad apart from your regular potato salad is the addition of deviled eggs. These hard-boiled eggs are carefully prepared by removing the yolks, mashing them with mayonnaise and mustard, and then spooning the mixture back into the egg whites. These deviled eggs are then chopped up and gently folded into the potato salad, adding an extra layer of richness and flavor.
How to Prepare Deviled Egg Potato Salad at Home
Here’s how to prepare deviled egg potato salad at home:
- Gather the ingredients:
- Potatoes: Choose waxy potatoes like Yukon Gold or red potatoes for their creamy texture.
- Hard-boiled eggs: These will add richness and flavor to the salad.
- Mayonnaise: Use a good quality mayonnaise for the best results.
- Dijon mustard: This tangy mustard adds a nice kick to the dressing.
- Sweet pickle relish: The sweetness of relish balances out the tanginess of mustard.
- Red onion: Finely chop some red onion for added crunch and flavor.
- Celery: Dice celery stalks for extra freshness and texture.
- Salt and pepper: Season to taste.
- Prepare the potatoes:
- Peel the potatoes (if desired) and cut them into bite-sized cubes.
- Place them in a pot of cold salted water, then bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until tender but still firm, about 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook as you want them to hold their shape in the salad.
- Drain the cooked potatoes in a colander and let them cool completely.
- Make the dressing: In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, salt, and pepper until well combined. Adjust seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- Assemble the salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced red onion, and celery.
- Gently fold in the dressing until all ingredients are coated evenly. Be careful not to mash the potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy:
- Transfer the deviled egg potato salad to a serving dish or individual bowls.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives for added freshness.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy as a side dish or even as a light lunch option.
Key Ingredients for Deviled Egg Potato Salad
When it comes to creating a delicious deviled egg potato salad, the key is in selecting the right ingredients. From creamy potatoes to tangy mustard and everything in between, each ingredient plays a vital role in bringing out the flavors and textures that make this dish truly irresistible.
- Potatoes: The star of any potato salad, choosing the right variety is crucial. Opt for waxy potatoes like Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes as they hold their shape well after boiling. These types of potatoes lend a creamy texture without turning mushy.
- Eggs: As the name suggests, deviled egg potato salad wouldn’t be complete without eggs! Hard-boiled eggs add richness and depth to the salad. Be sure to cook them until firm yet tender so they’re easy to chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Mayonnaise: A generous dollop of mayonnaise brings creaminess to this classic dish. Look for high-quality mayonnaise with a rich flavor to enhance the overall taste of your salad.
- Dijon Mustard: Tangy and slightly spicy, Dijon mustard adds zing and depth of flavor to deviled egg potato salad. Its smooth texture marries well with other ingredients, giving your dish an extra kick.
- Pickles or Relish: Adding some diced pickles or relish provides a delightful crunch and tangy note that perfectly complements the creaminess of the mayo and mustard.
- Red Onion: For a touch of sharpness, red onion adds both color and flavor complexity to your potato salad. Finely chopped red onion blends seamlessly with other ingredients while adding a refreshing bite.
- Fresh Herbs: Elevate your deviled egg potato salad by incorporating fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, or dill. Not only do they add vibrant colors but also bring a burst of freshness that balances the richness of the other ingredients.